The material offered is first Biblically based, then given flesh through the leaderís experiences with input from licensed counselors and pastors who work in the field. Feedback from couples who have been able to participate in these groups, have validated the benefit and the practical application of the covered materials. See the page "What People Say." The group is a confidential and safe place where couples can find hope and help for the healing they desire.
Groups meet for 2 hours once a week. We offer 3 groups per year.
Winter Group - January to March
Spring Group - April to June
Fall Group - September to November
Couples meet together each week for teaching of principles, discussion and questions. The first two meetings are essential. During 6 of the 10 meetings, we will break into same gender groups for discussion. For more details, call 209-667-5012.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATING IN A GROUP:
1) The adultery has been revealed, confessed and ceased.
2) Both husband and wife are willing to commit to the 10 week class.
3) Both husband and wife are willing to commit to work on restoring their marriage. Both understand this process requires time and energy.
4) Both understand and are willing to agree to the confidentiality requirements of the group.
5) A referral from a counselor or Pastor. If you do not currently have access to one who could give the referral, Hope & Healing will help connect you with someone. The purpose of the referral is to validate the couple is ready to benefit from a support group setting and also gives the couple a viable resource. A referral form is available upon request.
There are no fees for our services. We do not want money to ever determine whether a couple can participate and benefit. What we offer does incur costs so we gladly accept donations.